Coilgun Power
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coilgun Power

Microcontroller/Coilgun Ideas and Support

Main HomeMain Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

questions on a cube

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wee

questions on a cube Empty
PostSubject: questions on a cube   questions on a cube Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Hello,

I would like to build an RGB LED cube, but I am completely lost. I am a beginner but I love to jump into things and learn while in the process of making something. I am not worried about programming the device, but more of how to build it, as I do have a little bit of programming experience. My first question is, is there anyway to "stream" the information from my pc to the cube instead of having to program the chip, remove the chip from the programmer, and then put it back into the cube's board? I am looking for a way to program the chip via rs232, usb, or ethernet. Once I have that down, I think I will be fine, but my goal is to continue working with the same chip until I get a 5x5x5 cube, so I am looking for a chip that has a fairly good sized flash. Could you help me out by putting me on to the right track? I know I am kinda jumping the gun, but I learn best by that Razz

Thank you very much!
-wee
Back to top Go down
DaveyPocket

questions on a cube Empty
PostSubject: Cube   questions on a cube Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:03 pm

You could always get the RGB cube kit.
http://embeddedmicro.com/index.php/
This has an ISP programming connector directly on the board, so you can program it without removing the chip. But you'll need an AVR ISP programmer
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=3808
Or something similar to that.
Back to top Go down

questions on a cube
Page 1 of 1