Coilgun Power
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coilgun Power

Microcontroller/Coilgun Ideas and Support

Main HomeMain Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

post nr. 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wdom

post nr. 1 Empty
PostSubject: post nr. 1   post nr. 1 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi,

Seems like you got new forums online.

Im very intrested of doing all kinds of things with leds and microprocessors. I'm studying embedded systems though I'm still beginner with electronics. I decided to make a led cube as my next project. I have programmers for 8051 at my school though there might be other ones too. Do you think 3x3x3 cube could be possible to make with 8051. At least theres enough I/O pins, but is there other important requirements. Im planning on making my own firmware too, but your example will help me alot. Your multiplexing tutorial was also very nice. I still havent figured all the flip flops and some other thing. I just have to study more about led cubes Smile

When I get my 3x3x3 ready I'll have to look for a way to make 4x4x4 or even 5x5x5.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

post nr. 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: post nr. 1   post nr. 1 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Hello wdom,

I just got it yesterday Very Happy

If you have enough I/O pins then you should be ok to make it. For the 3x3x3 you don't need to use flip flops. You just need to have the correct resistors on the different colors to make them more level. The flip flops are used to boost the current, the PIC can usually only supply 35ma witch is enough for one or two led but not enough for a 4x4x4. The flip flops also help with the switching as optical-D flip flops have a clock pin that you can use to update the entire cube instantly.

One more thing to take into consideration, for a 3x3x3 you want at least 10 MIPS, 20 MIPS is better. This allows for full color based on an interrupt. Otherwise you can use a code like the old 3x3x3 code posted on the site.

What ever you decide to make, make sure to post pictures.

Good luck,
Justin
Back to top Go down
http://coilgunpower.com

post nr. 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Coilgun Power :: PIC Microcontrollers :: LED Cubes-
Jump to: