Coilgun Power
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coilgun Power

Microcontroller/Coilgun Ideas and Support

Main HomeMain Home  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kissthesky

Interesting Empty
PostSubject: Interesting   Interesting Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 4:36 am

Dear Justin,
Hey thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Yes I built 2 4 cubes, and can honestly say I will not ever do that again. I appreciate the information you gave. The lm 567 looks to be an interesting chip. I wonder if I will have to get 20 of them, and tune them to the desired frequency using resistors and caps. Still a few unknown properties, guess it is play with chips time. Keep me posted and again thank you. I will let you know what I come up with as well. Hoping for a very exciting effect!
Sincerely
-Marque-
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Interesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting   Interesting Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 3:05 am

Yes, for 20 channels you will need 20 lm567s. If you can solder surface mount chips then you could use the SMA version and come up with a very small board to utilize 20 channels. I would buy a few DIP ones first to determine the wiring and resistor/capacitor values. Once you get that you will have to boot the output with a transistor, probably a MOSFET would be good.

Justin
Back to top Go down
http://coilgunpower.com

Interesting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Coilgun Power :: PIC Microcontrollers :: LED Cubes-
Jump to: